It’s that time of year again – Girl Scout troops are starting up or forming and that means there is parent information to share.
It’s time to hold a Troop Parent Meeting! If you would like help/support, please email a member of the service unit team. We would love to help. Remember older girls also love to work with the younger girls, so if you need someone to lead them in activities while you talk to the parents, let us know and we can connect you.
Checklist of things to cover:
- If Girls/Parents are not yet registered for the upcoming year, now is a good time to remind them to do so!
- Encourage families to make a donation to the GSGATL’s Annual Fund.
- Discuss how much dues will be and how to handle.
- Have families complete/update a Health Form for every registered Girl Scout and Volunteer for you to keep on file.
- Discuss when and where the troop will meet and some examples of fun activities the girls might choose!
- Parent Positions/Volunteers needed: Troop Treasurer, Fall Product Manager, Cookie Manager, Transportation Coordinator, Troop Driver, etc.
- every position must be an approved volunteer
- every position must be a registered Girl Scout
- Leader training coming up Sept 8th, Woodstock Church of Christ. All new volunteers must attend training.
- Behavior Expectations, for Girls and Parents
- Have parents and girls sign the Behavior Contract (Page 81 Volunteer Essentials)
- Discuss housekeeping responsibilities at your meeting location. Girl Scouts ALWAYS leave a place looking better than when we arrived!
- Answer any questions or concerns.
For additional ideas, see page 76 in Volunteer Essentials